- 1 Tablespoon Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic hulled sesame seeds
- 2 Sheets gluten free puff pastry
- 200g Ricotta cheese
- 200g Fetta cheese
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Shallots, finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Cup frozen kale
- 2 Tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 2 beaten eggs for brushing
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 180 °C
Place frozen kale in a strainer and run it under warm water. Gently break them apart with your fingers.
Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until transparent. Add garlic and shallots then combine remaining ingredients.
Place one piece of puff pastry on a lined baking tray and spread kale mixture over the pastry. Leave a border of 25mm around the edges. However be careful to keep the kale flat and not let it pile up too high.
Brush edges of pastry with egg wash.
Cover with the second sheet of pastry. Press edges together with a fork, making sure the mixture is sealed well. Brush the top with egg wash. Pierce a couple of holes to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. Can be served hot or at room temperature.
Lo Carb Chicken Roast
- 1 Free range organic chicken
- 1/4 cup Celtic sea salt
- 250g Coconut butter
- 1/2 a bunch of Tarragon
- 1 pack organic streaky bacon
- 1 Apple diced
- 500g Organic free range pork mince
- 1/2 cup organic wine (whichever you like best)
- 1 Orange zest
- 1/2 cup Pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots
- Organic Herb ground nutmeg to season
- Organic herb black pepper to season
Rub salt all over the chicken then wash and pat dry with a paper towel.
Use a blender to combine the coconut butter, tarragon, add a pinch of nutmeg and pepper.
Take 2 tablespoons of tarragon butter to sauté the diced apple until soft. Add mince and brown lightly. Add orange zest, nuts and fruit. use the mixture to stuff the chicken. now wrap the chicken in the bacon.
Place the wrapped chicken in a baking pan and add organic wine. This will keep checking moist and form a demi glaze. Or the start of a gravy which you can later use as a stock.
Roast the chicken, according to the size. 1 and a half to 2 hours at 170°. If bacon starts to brown to much cover with foil.
Use the extra tarragon butter to sauté the veggies you have with the chicken.